Finance and Administration Managers (Various Duty Stations)
Posted by qidis pada November 9, 2008
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, operates in 162 countries and territories around the world. UNICEF field offices rely upon the expertise of Finance & Administration professionals to execute a diverse range of financial, administrative, human resources, IT and supply management functions. Having qualified and experienced Finance and Administration professionals in UNICEF field offices is a critical success factor for the efficient and effective implementation of UNICEF’s programmes for women and children.
UNICEF seeks Finance and Administration Managers to be based in various locations around the world.
Successful candidates will manage a group of professional and support staff in the above areas and provide effective technical advice and managerial guidance in support of administration and implementation of UNICEF’s country programmes.
• Advanced university degree in business administration (MBA), accounting, economics, financial management, or related field and/or professional accounting qualification (CA/ACCA/CPA).
Work Experience and Competency Requirements:
• Depending on the level of the position, a minimum of 8 to 10 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international level in financial management, budgeting, accounting, audit, or related field. Work experience in Human Resources, ICT, Supply & Logistics, and in emergency environments would be an advantage.
• Ability to lead and develop a team of professional and support staff.
• Proven skills in human resource planning and management.
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to:
– express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in writing and orally.
– research, analyze, evaluate and synthesize information.
– conceptualize, plan and execute ideas.
– work well under pressure and manage conflicting priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relations, both within and outside the organization.
• Fluency in English required. Knowledge of other UN languages in particular French, Arabic, Spanish, Russian and/or Chinese is an asset.
How to apply:
If you have experience working in a similar capacity, would like to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, and also match the profile outlined, please send a duly completed P-11 Personal History form which can be downloaded from the Web site at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_apply.html, quoting “F&A Manager 08” to: email@example.com. Acknowledgements will be sent to shortlisted candidates only.
UNICEF’s salary and benefits package is based on the United Nations Common System. For further information on the UN Common System salaries and benefits, please visit the United Nations Web site at: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly females are strongly encouraged to apply.